ZOOM ZOOM Delights
Walt's Marinated Carrots
Who would ever guess these delicious carrots are made with a can of tomato soup?!
- 2 bunches of carrots
- 1 10-ounce can tomato soup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sause
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Onion rings and green pepper strips
- salt, pepper AND cayenne pepper to taste
- Slice carrots in rounds or sticks and boil in salted water, just to cover, until tender.
- Drain well and cool
- Combine remaining ingredients except onion and pepper strips
- Combine cold carrots with marinade, onion rings and green pepper strips
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Will keep several days in the refrigerator.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.